|Print this Recipe
Geranium Rose Elixir
Rose scented geranium leaves
Geranium sprig (preferably with flowers)
- Snip the leaves and the soft stalks into small pieces.
- Bruise them slightly, using pestle and mortar.
- Fill a jar, pour over the vodka and leave in a dark place for about a month. After which the liquor will turn a green-brown colour.
- Strain off the leaves. Add a couple of drops of cochineal if you don’t like the colour (last time I made it it turned a lovely shade of light green and looked very pleasant without the colouring).
- Bottle the liquor, adding a prig of geranium for decoration if liked.