Plum, Blackberry and Sloe Gin Crumble
Ingredients: Serves 6
650g plums, halved and stoned
450g blackberries (preferably wild)
110-115g caster sugar
1 tbsp sloe gin or crème de mure
For the crumble:
220g plain flour
110g Caster sugar
170g chilled unsalted butter, diced
45g flaked almonds
- Begin by making the crumble mixture. Mix the flour, salt and caster sugar in a bowl and add the butter.
- Rub in, using the tips of your fingers, until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Chill until needed.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven), gas mark 4.
- Mix the plums with the blackberries, caster sugar and alcohol, in a pie dish. Smooth down lightly.
- Scatter the crumble thickly over the surface of the fruit, without pressing it down. Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown, with the purple juices bubbling up around the edges. Serve hot or warm with custard, cream or vanilla ice cream.