|Print this Recipe
Microwave Plum or Damson Jam
1½ lb (675g) plums or damsons
7 fl oz (200ml) water
1½ lb (675g) sugar
2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
1 tsp (5ml) butter
Use a large microwavable bowl
- Put damsons in the bowl with the water and cook on high power for 5-10 minutes or until fruit is soft.
- Add rest of ingredients. Cook on high power for 5 mins stirring frequently.
- Wash down any sugar crystals from bowl and bring to the boil on high power. Continue to cook until setting point is reached, 15 – 20 minutes, opening the door and testing regularly.
- Leave to cool slightly, remove stones.
- Pot into warmed jars cover with waxed paper and seal.
Sterilising jars in a microwave:
Half fill the jars with water. Heat on high until water boils (approx 3 minutes for 2 jars).